Windows 8.1

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello, has the final build of Windows 8.1 Blue already leaked out to do a clean install?

Credo.

the "final" build of 8.1 its the one leaked some weeks ago from Wzor and then it appeared on MSDN and dreamspark Premium (or something like that)... thats the final versi?n.
you might think its not final because Microsoft will put final updates on 18th, but its still the final build, because it wont change, and the updates will install over it.
But its been leaked, which again, its easy to find in MDL (forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/47732-The-Windows-8-1-(-amp-related)-Repository)

Credo93

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
the "final" build of 8.1 its the one leaked some weeks ago from Wzor and then it appeared on MSDN and dreamspark Premium (or something like that)... thats the final versi?n.
you might think its not final because Microsoft will put final updates on 18th, but its still the final build, because it wont change, and the updates will install over it.
But its been leaked, which again, its easy to find in MDL (forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/47732-The-Windows-8-1-(-amp-related)-Repository)

Thank you very much!

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
So in fact every bug reported and fixed before official release date is added to Windows 8.1 RTM?

People who installed RTM already gonna see this updates appear by Windows Update?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much!

Actually, the RTM is clearly not the final to be commercially released next week. As a TechNet subscriber who has had it installed for testing, I can say the core may be final but drivers and bug fixes are not. It is much closer to a Beta 2 in my experience. In fact, I had to remove the RTM from both a Dell XPS 12 and Surface Pro because of a myriad of driver issues, problems with the new music and weather apps, and integration problems with the new Skydrive functions, touch screen freezes with the XPS 12, and a recurrence of WiFi drops with Surface Pro.. Hopefully these will be addressed before release, but this is not currently the equivalent of a final release or even major service pack.

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem to install new GPU drivers, they always give me a black screen, so I reverted to an old HP driver with switchable graphics for my notebook.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8.1 seems to be available through my university/MS dreamspark account. Might be a good opportunity to get Win 8 on my desktop.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
8.1 RTM is the final build, there won't be a new build released next week. What will happen though is a bunch of updates will go out along with the release to everyone, including people who have installed the RTM build prior to next week.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the RTM is clearly not the final to be commercially released next week. As a TechNet subscriber who has had it installed for testing, I can say the core may be final but drivers and bug fixes are not. It is much closer to a Beta 2 in my experience. In fact, I had to remove the RTM from both a Dell XPS 12 and Surface Pro because of a myriad of driver issues, problems with the new music and weather apps, and integration problems with the new Skydrive functions, touch screen freezes with the XPS 12, and a recurrence of WiFi drops with Surface Pro.. Hopefully these will be addressed before release, but this is not currently the equivalent of a final release or even major service pack.

it worked fine in my computer... some drivers depend on others other than Microsoft, like AMD and Nvidia on the GPU side. and I haven't heard many surface pro having problems with it.
and again... this is FINAL build because there wont be any other build, the number of the build will not increase... next updates will only be bugfixes... Microsoft already said on 18th they will release a series of updates because they are the ones that polish the OS... and it will be the real "final" version.

This version was made for developers, why? because they can test new things, and make new apps, but of course this is not meant to be used by people if they want bug free experience.

its obvious Microsoft will fix a lot of issues in GA date... but again, this wasn't meant to be used as people for a happy bug free experiences because again, this is mostly for people who needed to test new things. but, the real final updates will come on 18th.
I repeated a lot of that the same thing... about the updates on 18th, because it seems you only downloaded the RTM expecting something when Microsoft already said it wasn't a real RTM, not like before. now its more like "install it and wait for the real updates on GA if you want"

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I've upgraded my Acer S3 using the ISO from my MSDN account and I have no issues.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99