Windows 8.1 availble to download now!!!!

jobinthomas

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My system crashed after installation, don't know what to do. The display doesn't come up at all. I can bring up task manager and nothing else would come up

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Got it installed and I'm liking it so far. Having my own background on start screen is great. Trackpad seems a lot more responsive now as well so that is a big positive for me. Some apps still seem to crash when side scrolling with the trackpad like Netflix for example. The increase in the display scaling caught me a bit by surprise. I knew they tweaked it, but some things appear to be out of sorts so I'll have to play around with that for a bit. New tile sizes are nice. The new built in mail app is really good from what I've seen. Glad they changed the colour. Very pleased with it so far. A nice refining of the blend from what I've seen so far.

Hero Calibo

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
since my windows store can't be opened, i've tried opening setting>change pc settings>windows update.......is that the same? it's installing an update now!

ScreenSaver24

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree. My guess would be because the store is more visible and more apparent. People will probably check the store more than Windows Update.

Well considering windows update is a mostly automatic process for most users i would assume that is the most effective way to reach users but then again i have never seen a windows update more than 800mb (I think XP's Service 3 was the biggest i have seen) and this "update" or whatever you call it is almost 6 to 7 GB's. It seems like this treated more like a separate OS that you can upgrade into instead of an update.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
So how long does this thing take to download? Its been 2 hours and I'm still at 12%. Is it supposed to take that long? Downloading to my VAIO Fit, with an average of 30mbps cable modem.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

dqgeek

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Had a power outage in the middle of my download. Wondering if that messed something up for me since I've been sitting at Applying Changes 63 percent for a while now.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Finally got it downloaded and loaded on my desktop PC, 2 more machines to go tomorrow :)
So far so good, loading apps that require internet was quite slow today, I'm assuming due to the amount of people using connection for updates. Hopefully it will get better. Otherwise loving the imporvements and new features

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Got it installed and I'm liking it so far. Having my own background on start screen is great. Trackpad seems a lot more responsive now as well so that is a big positive for me. Some apps still seem to crash when side scrolling with the trackpad like Netflix for example. The increase in the display scaling caught me a bit by surprise. I knew they tweaked it, but some things appear to be out of sorts so I'll have to play around with that for a bit. New tile sizes are nice. The new built in mail app is really good from what I've seen. Glad they changed the colour. Very pleased with it so far. A nice refining of the blend from what I've seen so far.
What I like best is the better search option on the start screen. I just start typing a word or phrase, and everything gets searched (apps, pictures, documents), which is better than having to pick what to search like Win8 had.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss