8.1 animated start screen?

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah! Well forget that, where's the "messenger" app? When people message from FB. I saw a message pop up on notifications, but then I can't find the app

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah! Well forget that, where's the "messenger" app? When people message from FB. I saw a message pop up on notifications, but then I can't find the app

I thought messenger was removed in 8.1 update?
Do you have the new Facebook app downloaded and installed on your PC? Is it possible that is where the popup notification came from?

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The messenger app was removed. It was a placeholder app until the fb app was released for 8.1, just how Facebook and Flickr integration in the photos is not there in 8.1. It was put in 8.0 as a stop gap until the apps were released. I really like the fb app and it works really well for the chat. I used it today to speak with my brother who is recovering from surgery in the UK.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The messenger app was removed. It was a placeholder app until the fb app was released for 8.1, just how Facebook and Flickr integration in the photos is not there in 8.1. It was put in 8.0 as a stop gap until the apps were released. I really like the fb app and it works really well for the chat. I used it today to speak with my brother who is recovering from surgery in the UK.

Yeah I agree the new Facebook app works great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers