I don't understand the logic in the new SkyDrive integration

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Windows 8.1 defaults to saving some files to SkyDrive instead of the local machine.

I cannot understand why this would be the default and I will explain my dilemma.

If you have a wifi, only tablet, such as the Surface2, and this option is on, when you are connected, it would save these files to SkyDrive. Then, if you are out and about, with no wifi, you have no access to these files.

If i misunderstand, please tell me. As I see it, some people are in for an unpleasant surprise.

MethodGT

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
If you save it from your surface to a folder on SkyDrive, that file should default as available offline. You can make any of the individual files, or even entire folders available offline. Just go to windows explorer and right click on the file/folder.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
You can make Skydrive available locally. Just open up windows explorer, right click on Skydrive, and there will be the option to make it local. Whatever is stored on your SkyDrive will be stored on HD.

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It saves a local copy also in your SkyDrive folder that syncs to the cloud so that when you are offline you are working on the local copy. If you go into your SkyDrive folder you can make files/folders online only or make them available offline as well.

EDIT: that's what I get for not refreshing before posting. Hope all our responses answer your question.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss