8.1 took away one of my fav features!

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix this? Before 8.1 I could stream audio via explorer and close the touch cover without the audio cutting off. With 8.1 it seems like I can't do this anymore. I hope I'm wrong! Why take away functionality? If I want the audio off when I close the cover, id pause or close the program first. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....this is one of the simple features that made love surface and despise my iPad. It might sound strange but I liked be able to put on an episode of this american life or something, close the touch cover and put the surface on my night stand and fall asleep to the show. I liked the piece of mind of having the screen covered. Same thing if I'm cooking. I can have it in the kitchen streaming audio, but covered in case I drop or splash something. Now I can't do that or haven't been able to figure out how to change the settings to allow me to. Help?!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Does it sleep every time you close it? If so, I may have a solution.

Go to the desktop, and check under the tray, and tap the battery icon. Tap it and check if you can change advanced power options. If so, change the plan settings. Tap the plan you're currently on, and tap advanced.

There should be an option to do something when you close the lid. Set it to Do Nothing.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I do this with my lop, too. I liked being able to do the streaming, but still have everything else go to sleep. I assume that's what was happening before because what my settings were for. Guess I'll go back to using my laptop for this. I don't want to setup my surfi for this because I travel with them a lot and I don't want to have to keep switching the power settings. I hope Microsoft brings this functionality back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss