Proper Wordpress App for Windows 8

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello fellow WpCentralers. I didn't know where to place this question and figured this would be the best place for it.

So a WordPress app for Windows 8 has been available for a while and while it might meet the need for someone who had WordPress manage their blog, its terrible for self hosted blogs.

I want the WordPress app for Windows 8 to be like the one for iOS, Android and even Windows Phone 8 where you can manage your one blogs and even set featured images and the like. I don't know if this is a massive issue for as lot of people but as someone who is a blogger and review and loves his newly purchased Surface 2, I would love to have this app as the pinnacle of my go to app.

Any way to let the developers of this app know about this? Thanks everyone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, as if we need an app for everything.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Mainly because IE11 doesn't play well. It simply does not. I use it at work where I have to use it extensively all day long. Every so often, the app ghosts. When that happens, my productivity suffers. Customers have to wait while I force close IE11 and restart it, launch the back end application and resume. Its good for a lot of things but its got serious issues with intensive, server based applications. But an app is configured to function solely for that back end. This is why an app is favorable to an all in one solution like "just use IE11". It doesn't work and it doesn't even make sense to say in the world of touch.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What about just using the Internet Explorer? I would imagine that this would the best way to do this.

Because WordPress isn't built to be used through touch in IE 11. Not to shun the browser but apps are built from the ground up with touch in mind.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos