interesting piece. does this just reflect windows being so heavily invested in desktop computing for so long?

Coding Horror: Why Does Windows Have Terrible Battery Life?
    10-26-2013 11:42 AM
    Even more interesting is I own the Surface RT. The first one. It is all about wifi as you well know. I take it from the charger in the morning about 6:am and off to work. I use it for presentations from time to time (which include youtube vids) and I use it to search out issues clients call about. The screen is always on, not the brightest setting but bright and when I get home, my battery is just under 1/2 of what I started my 9 hour day with. I have yet to take the charger with me to work and it runs Windows 8.1.I have countless apps that ride wifi in the background, some of which I rarely use. Surface RT running 8.1 is more power stingy than it was running 8.0. This is my "boots on the ground" experience. I didn't have to read it from people that rely on the same rigged numbers as reported by Gizmodo.
    I think IBT also published a similar account about the GS4 and sales numbers to boot. Now I have no earthly idea what Jeff Atwood puts in this coffee before he sits down to spin tech stories like some Bran Stoker wanna be, but I think he should just stick to what he does best. Reading the impressions of others and trying to craft them as original ideas.
    10-26-2013 12:24 PM