windows power consumption

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Even more interesting is I own the Surface RT. The first one. It is all about wifi as you well know. I take it from the charger in the morning about 6:am and off to work. I use it for presentations from time to time (which include youtube vids) and I use it to search out issues clients call about. The screen is always on, not the brightest setting but bright and when I get home, my battery is just under 1/2 of what I started my 9 hour day with. I have yet to take the charger with me to work and it runs Windows 8.1.I have countless apps that ride wifi in the background, some of which I rarely use. Surface RT running 8.1 is more power stingy than it was running 8.0. This is my "boots on the ground" experience. I didn't have to read it from people that rely on the same rigged numbers as reported by Gizmodo.
I think IBT also published a similar account about the GS4 and sales numbers to boot. Now I have no earthly idea what Jeff Atwood puts in this coffee before he sits down to spin tech stories like some Bran Stoker wanna be, but I think he should just stick to what he does best. Reading the impressions of others and trying to craft them as original ideas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss