8.1/IE11 autocorrect/spellcheck driving me nuts

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So there seems to be no apparent way to turn off the autocorrect. There's an option in the settings, but it's disabled and it still happens. Luckily it only really changes the first letters into capitalized one for me.

As an example, I wrote these following words all with lower case: Company, Graphics

As you can see, it frigging makes the words upper case as if they were some kinds of.. brandnames or something. Often I can just erase the word and rewrite and it won't do it again, but for example Company I can't write lower case in IE11 at all.

Anyone know how to remove this?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So there seems to be no apparent way to turn off the autocorrect. There's an option in the settings, but it's disabled and it still happens. Luckily it only really changes the first letters into capitalized one for me.

As an example, I wrote these following words all with lower case: Company, Graphics

As you can see, it frigging makes the words upper case as if they were some kinds of.. brandnames or something. Often I can just erase the word and rewrite and it won't do it again, but for example Company I can't write lower case in IE11 at all.

Anyone know how to remove this?

So you definitely turned off it under PC Settings ->PC and devices -> Spelling -> autocorrect misspelled words? That worked for me. I just want to make sure there isn't some other setting I don't know about.

msengineer

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
So this issue is a permissions issue. When running IE in EPM mode, regkeys are being blocked at location HKCU\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7 due to ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES not being added to permissions. So a way to fix this (please respond if this does not work), is to go to

1. Win key

2. type "regedit" and click on the regedit application

3. Navigation to HKey_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7

4. Right click on the 1.7 directory

6. Select "Permissions..."

7. Click Add

8. Click Advanced

9. For Locations choose your computer

10. Click Find Now

11. Select ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES and click OK

A fix will be coming down, but in the meantime, this is correct fix

Members online