Where can I recover my purchased product keys for Windows 8?

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Windows 8 product key through the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant and I would like to know where I can recover that product key. As my old laptop died and I want to upgrade to Windows 8 on a newer PC, I need to know where I can find those keys (I deleted the emails, oops...) Thanks!

jacob114489

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Been there twice. I contacted windows support on twitter, they told me to call a number, which is a MS store, they escalate your problem a very nice guy called Jack Floyd called me both times and gave me a new one. Hope this helps. Oh they may say your email address shows no proof of buying it, happened to me but Jack gave me a new one anyway!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Let us know if it works because I think the license is to the original machine, not a new or different machine.

I am a PC gamer and a few times I've changed video cards, ram and sound cards only to have Microsoft cut me off and tell me I have to buy a new license because I've made too many hardware changes.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'm going to try calling Microsoft now. Hopefully they can get me a key :)

And to palandri, that sounds quite unfair. Did they provide you with a key later on?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
....And to palandri, that sounds quite unfair. Did they provide you with a key later on?

LOL! No, I had to buy a new OEM DVD from NewEgg. It was only $99 so it didn't break the bank. I could understand it if I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I didn't. It was just PCI plugin hardware.

jacob114489

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Let us know if it works because I think the license is to the original machine, not a new or different machine.

I am a PC gamer and a few times I've changed video cards, ram and sound cards only to have Microsoft cut me off and tell me I have to buy a new license because I've made too many hardware changes.

Thats unfair I moved over to a new laptop and they didn't care. Guess it just matters who you talk to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon