WMP destroyed metadata

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to setup DLNA so as to stream content from my laptop to phone. So I used WMP12, to serve the playlist so that I can listen on my phone.

So, now I fire up foobar, to create playlists (It is so easy), and I search up for artists, and none of them popup!

Each and every one of them has the artist,album and title field set to "?". Looks like WMP12 bombed my collection. So is there any way to recover them?

'Cause most of the songs I've collecting since I was around 10 (I'm 20 now) and thus have over 150gigs of music and every one's field is "?"

I can't redownload all of them, as the college has blocked torrents and I don't have the CDs at hand. (Most of them are with my cousin in the US)

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Foobar supports advanced tagging features. If you have properly structured folders (artist\album\01 song title.flac), this would be easy to fix with the foobar musicbrainz plugin. If you have all your music just shoved in one folder with no coherent file names (absolutely disgusting!) then you're on your own.

Meanwhile, look in wmp's settings and tell it to not automatically update song metadata, though I seriously doubt wmp did this.

Check the file permissions on your songs- it could be just wonky ntfs ACLs.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I guess Foobar+musicbrainz it it then, thank god, my habit of having a proper folder structure is put to use now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs