Windows 8.1, libraries and storage cards, do they work now?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just want to confirm if the situation with storing media on SD cards and getting Windows to properly recognize the files is solved or still needs a workaround, saw it mentioned somewhere but can't remember where. Thanks,

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Would love to know if there is a way to achieve this! I am using a harddrive connected to my router. So it would be awesome to finally be able using libraries with this hard drive!
I tried to do it on my Surface 2 but it always says it is not possible to create libraries with Network drives because they have to be mapped first (I don't know the english term Windows uses for the "mapping". I use a german version, so I guess it should be something like that). Mapping would mean: creating a copy of the whole network drive on my Surface... so would not make any sense with a network drive :D

I really hope MS will solve this somehow!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Depends what is seen as a work around.. I did a work-around of a sort back when I got my Surface RT when it just came out. It's still the same way and works just perfectly. I don't know if it takes less time to do somehow now or anything, but the few mins I spent following instructions have paid off well, as my 32GB SD card feels just like it was a part of the built-in memory.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Depends what is seen as a work around.. I did a work-around of a sort back when I got my Surface RT when it just came out. It's still the same way and works just perfectly. I don't know if it takes less time to do somehow now or anything, but the few mins I spent following instructions have paid off well, as my 32GB SD card feels just like it was a part of the built-in memory.

Is there a way to do this with network drives?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium