Is the screen res requirement just for snapping apps in the Metro/Modern environment?

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
In the list of requirements for Windows 8 / 8.1, there is one that says a certain screen resolution is necessary. I believe it was 1366 x 768. Don't quote me on that though. Anyway, I upgraded my Windows Vista era laptop (dell inspiron 1501 to be specific) to Windows 7 a few weeks ago. I'm a huge advocate of Windows 8, but I didn't upgrade to it because of the resolution of the laptop. However, it just occurred to me that the resolution may only be for the Snap View functionality to work. So, if I upgrade to Windows 8 (assuming the installer allows it), would I just not be able to use snap view within the metro/modern environment? Would I still be able to use the desktop Aero features (specifically the snap; I know the desktop on Windows 8 doesn't include Aero)?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes that is correct.
Actually in Windows 8.1 the requirements for snap (in metro) have been slackened so my previously incompatible vista era laptop can now use snap in 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium