Metrotube Full HD doesn't seem to work

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I was looking around and couldn't find anything on this. I was just wondering if any one has any issues getting Full HD playback in Metrotube? I have it set in the options, but when I'm playing a video, Full HD is greyed out and it reverts to 720p. I know the videos are capable of 1080p since it works on the youtube site in the browser.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read before, this is a limitation imposed by YouTube on its public API. If you go to the YouTube website, you should be able to view full HD content.

EDIT: Yes, I raised this before when I got my Surface 2. A developer for one of the YouTube apps speaks about the limitation.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-2/246918-1080p-youtube-videos.html

I'm the developer of Hyper for YouTube.
The issue with 1080p not being available is on the YouTube side of things.
unhappy.png

YouTube has changed the way they serve their videos in 1080p (and some other qualities) to be incompatible with the way Hyper streams the videos.
This first happened about 7 days ago. All third party YouTube apps I know of no longer have 1080p or 480p available.
I am looking for a workaround, but it is not looking too good at the moment.

For 1080p videos you can always switch to the standard YouTube player in the App's settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett