Skydrive completed files stuck in 'downloading'

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I just got a Surface Pro 2 yesterday and I set it up to link with my SkyDrive account syncing all my documents from my main desktop. Initially my SkyDrive was stuck downloading 900 or so files, but that was fixed when I ran the Skydrive troubleshooting program on the Microsoft website. However, there are three files that seem to be stuck in the 'downloading' section of SkyDrive and yet say they have 'completed' downloading; note that this is in the Modern app - in Windows Explorer all three files have the little syncing arrows. I've tried killing the Skydrive.exe from the task manager, running the troubleshooter again and moving the files to a different folder and yet they still stay in the downloaded section despite the fact that they are completed. Deleting the files seems to clear it from downloads but I would rather not. Also all three files are .zip folders

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Try renaming the files, waiting for it to sync, and then renaming them back. I had the exact same problem. There's an article or message I saw somewhere about how to poke around in the filesystem to manually clear the Skydrive cache, which apparently fixes the problem, but by the time I decided to work on the issue I couldn't find the article anymore. I just manually moved the stuck files around and they quit showing on the list.

-E

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Try renaming the files, waiting for it to sync, and then renaming them back. I had the exact same problem. There's an article or message I saw somewhere about how to poke around in the filesystem to manually clear the Skydrive cache, which apparently fixes the problem, but by the time I decided to work on the issue I couldn't find the article anymore. I just manually moved the stuck files around and they quit showing on the list.

-E

Worked like a charm :D cheers mate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa