Sony is my winner of CES. Who's yours?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sony has been on fire at CES. Between the PS4 announcements and their newest computers/projectors, Sony is finally a company worth getting excited about again.

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Is it certain that MS or Nokia will show new stuff at CES? It really would be nice, but i highly doubt it :-( . Right now my favorite is Sonys Xperia X1 Compact. This phone looks really slick and has the perfect size for a mobile phone (my taste ;) ). Just slap WP8.1 on this little guy and i?m sold. Still hope that Nokia/MS release a small high end device. Maybe a 820 successor with the 20MP PureView module?

Cheers,
Tom

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean Z1 compact? if they are goind to make a new X1 or something keep those in mind:
Old X1 had Windows Mobile 6.1 ;o (according to gsmarena: Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - Full phone specifications )
So after i hear all this rumors about sony will make windows phones,there is a small chance they will also make a Windows Phone too
I would also like to see a lumia 920/820 succesor with 1520's powerful quad core cpu and 20MP pureview camera (Actually the 1520 but in a smaller size)

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Jup, i meant the Z1 Compact :D Thanks for setting this right.
As it seems i?m not the only one who is not the biggest fan of the whole "phones need to be bigger than you head" trend ;) I love my 920 but still i would appreciate a smaller device with a PureView camera.

Cheers,
Tom

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea, exactly, give me till the end of the week (AKA end of CES) and I'll let you know WHO I know is the winner (at least in my book) :)

Sony is still my CES winner. What really impressed me about Sony's showing is that they had not just new products but also new services like PlayStation Now and Cloud TV. It wasn't just a spec upgrade or gimmick products like these new Windows/Android hybrid computers. It was cool seeing something that wasn't just "me too."

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Sony is still my CES winner. What really impressed me about Sony's showing is that they had not just new products but also new services like PlayStation Now and Cloud TV. It wasn't just a spec upgrade or gimmick products like these new Windows/Android hybrid computers. It was cool seeing something that wasn't just "me too."

Most TV companies have "cloud TV" already. It's certainly nothing new. If Sony only just launched it, it certainly is "me too".

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

SONY my favorite at CES cant wait for PlayStation Now for my PS4!

As well as other things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs