Chrome OS can now run in metro!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Google updated google chrome browser to have a new feature of running a Chrome OS App in metro.

Could this mean we can see something like this on WP8?

Share your thoughts.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Even if they develop one for wp8, will still love ie or any other 3rd party browser like uc browser,Taymur .
( I don't use any google services except YouTube :p )

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Even if they develop one for wp8, will still love ie or any other 3rd party browser like uc browser,Taymur .
( I don't use any google services except YouTube :p )

So, you basically like everything but Google, hmmm.... interesting. you could have just said you hate Google LOL.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
True, i thought it was an app, then realized that it just runs in the metro look and feel, but it still is a legacy app, i have no idea how that works. lol

the evil will never make app for windows phone or windows store,evil is so jelly. Google knows how beautiful metro UI is and if they develop one for metro ui,users will start loving the app, resulting in more sales for windows phone which they can tolerate.eg YouTube, third party apps like metro tube loos so beautiful when compared to YouTube app on other platforms.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
They're using their private APIs for this (look at the scroll bar) so I hope Microsoft just bans Chrome from W8 until they force Google to rewrite it in HTML5.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
They're using their private APIs for this (look at the scroll bar) so I hope Microsoft just bans Chrome from W8 until they force Google to rewrite it in HTML5.
Seriously! This is so underhanded. I hope MS will block Chrome from running in that Windows 8 mode because it goes against modern UI guidelines as well.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Haha, it would be sweet revenge if MS said something along the lines of, "You're breaking our terms, and Win8 is our backyard, so geeeet out!"

(The MS YouTube app was pretty nice :( )

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Haha, it would be sweet revenge if MS said something along the lines of, "You're breaking our terms, and Win8 is our backyard, so geeeet out!"

(The MS YouTube app was pretty nice :( )

So you think it's a good idea for Microsoft to deny Windows users a potentially useful app?

Interesting opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12