Why you shouldn't buy digital content from Xbox video or anywhere else

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Been using Xbox video for a while as part of the Microsoft ecosystem and unfortunately been reminded why these digital services are not in consumer's best interests. Bought Avengers last year and today went to download it to one of my tablets but was getting an error 0xc33307d8. A search revealed this

Error Code: 0xc33307d8 - Microsoft Community

Which basically means after an undetermined period you could lose access to content you paid for, and in this case a movie just over 1 year old. Also had a previous issue with Iron Man when the license rights changed and the movie was removed from my list. The worst part is you are not given any warning by Microsoft in either case that your access has been removed and you just discover one day that your movie is gone or only available to stream, in which case might as well use Netflix.

Just an FYI.

Last edited:

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yah...i had several music videos I purchased that will no longer play. Trying to find a drm stripper program to free them up. I paid for the mf'rs so if they are going to take our rights to play them, they need to compensate in some way.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to work support (Tier 3 main campus) for Xbox. Give them a call or use chat support (note don't contact the ambassadors as they don't have account access) as your license for those titles should still be valid.

Also does streaming the titles work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss