Entertainment Center set up.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So, I find myself trying to decide on a tablet, 2in1, laptop/book or another tower(?) to place in my bedroom. I have super fast WiFi at home and have no need for cable tv anymore as I stream what I want or just get OTA. My TVs have vga and hdmi inputs, so that's not an issue. What I'm asking is for opinions on what setup would be most user friendly/accessible/mobile friendly. Or is there a solution to transfer video from one TV to another wirelessly?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Would you be able to be more specific about the specs of your devices? If you give us the brands, models, specs of your TVs that might help steer you in the right direction with new hardware and software.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Laura, again, a peach. Well I've a Sanyo TV, but I'm looking at replicating or even replacing the W8.1 tower in my living room. I want a tablet and that Asus TransformerBook caught my eye at Office Depot today. Liked it especially because of the HDMI out and the price, $349. Now I am seriously considering this device, but what I also would like to know is if there's a way to project and switch displays wirelessly in W8.1. As in, I'm projecting the display in one room, then toggle to another, wirelessly. Like "the Hoppa". Either or can be wired, but.. Help?

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Laura, again, a peach. Well I've a Sanyo TV, but I'm looking at replicating or even replacing the W8.1 tower in my living room. I want a tablet and that Asus TransformerBook caught my eye at Office Depot today. Liked it especially because of the HDMI out and the price, $349. Now I am seriously considering this device, but what I also would like to know is if there's a way to project and switch displays wirelessly in W8.1. As in, I'm projecting the display in one room, then toggle to another, wirelessly. Like "the Hoppa". Either or can be wired, but.. Help?

If you have a TV or a device connected to it that supports Intel WiDi or MS Play to then you can stream directly to the TV. I have an Xbox 360 on one TV and a WD TV Live on another and both support Play To.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720