Best Laptop/ultrabook for 1500

TomInAmsterdam

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
1500 euros but then that probably translates to the same in dollars or at least close!

So what i need is something thin and light (hence ultrabook)
I want really around 15" screen, maybe even 17" if its possible?
A touch screen wouldbe a bonus
High res screen!
SSD
8-16gb ram

I think thats all, too much to ask?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I did some quick research.

1500 Euros = $2000 US

I don't know if I would call any laptop around 17" and 'ultrabook'. They also tend to be very heavy.

This is currently the leading ultrabook - Acer | Aspire S7

You should be able to get it in you budget.

TomInAmsterdam

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
yeah problem is you cant really convert, a laptop that costs 1500 USD will probably costs €1500

I kinda realised 17" might be too much but I dont really want to go below 15" really :)

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
yeah problem is you cant really convert, a laptop that costs 1500 USD will probably costs €1500

I kinda realised 17" might be too much but I dont really want to go below 15" really :)

I don't really know what you'll be using this for, but the Dell Inspiron 17 7000 is definitely worth a look. It's got a lot of power, full HD touch display at 17.3 inches, and it's a beautifully designed machine. It comes in much under budget for you, but it's a monster none the less.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I know it's 1 inch under your specified minimum for screen size, but Paul Thurrott was absolutely raving about the Lenovo Think pad X1 Carbon ultrabook the other day and he rarely ever does that about anything. From reading the specs it sounds like a total winner.

Posted via the WPC App!

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't really know what you'll be using this for, but the Dell Inspiron 17 7000 is definitely worth a look. It's got a lot of power, full HD touch display at 17.3 inches, and it's a beautifully designed machine. It comes in much under budget for you, but it's a monster none the less.

That really does look nice. Dell's Inspiron line seems to get a bad rap but I'm on my second one and have liked them both. For the price you really can't beat them a lot of times.

Posted via the WPC App!

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
That really does look nice. Dell's Inspiron line seems to get a bad rap but I'm on my second one and have liked them both. For the price you really can't beat them a lot of times.

Posted via the WPC App!

Yeah, one thing to remember is that we're just now seeing machines that are post private Dell. They are doing some really cool stuff. If you're out at a Best Buy or something like that, pick the computer up, feel it, and run a few things. It's really a beautiful machine! :)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, one thing to remember is that we're just now seeing machines that are post private Dell. They are doing some really cool stuff. If you're out at a Best Buy or something like that, pick the computer up, feel it, and run a few things. It's really a beautiful machine! :)

Yep. Just got my new 15" Inspiron a few weeks ago and it's not a touch screen but it's still a darn nice machine for the money.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the Asus N550JV-DB72T last month, and am pretty pleased with it now.

15.6-inch IPS touch screen, 2.4-GHZ Intel Core i7-4700HQ processor with 8GB of RAM, 1TB 5,400rpm SATA hard drive, Nvidia GeForce GT 750M GPU and a DVD drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro