Noob Win8.1 update 1 questions

jjag520

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
So I just updated my win8.1 laptop to update 1 and I have some questions...

1. Are corner swipes & swipe gestures gone? (charms bar, app list on the right side, pulling the metro app from the top edge down to close the app, etc...)

2. After opening metro apps, there's a black bar at the top with the icon/logo, app name, minimize and close buttons. After a few secs, it disappears, and since I can't drag the app down to close it anymore, how can I make that bar reappear again to close or minimize metro apps.

I know I can use keyboard shortcuts, but there are times that I just want to use my mouse to do everything.

[UPDATE] I dont know how or why but after disabling mcafee's real time scanning, the gestures came back. weird.... well atleast its back! even after enabling the real time scanning back on

Last edited:

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
That is really weird. I haven't heard of the gestures disappearing with the update. But I believe there are some settings to toggle them on and off. I can't tell you off the top of my head where they are at exactly. Just need to look through PC Settings.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Are gestures really gone for non-touch devices, on update 1? That is so sad. What's the point of the metro now?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Cracks me up when people install leaked pre-release software and then they're surprised when things don't work correctly, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
1. There is no corner swipe, never. Do you mean edge swipe? They're not gone.
2. Application top bar appears only when you hover the mouse on the top edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Cracks me up when people install leaked pre-release software and then they're surprised when things don't work correctly, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

The leak is actually RTM. There may be an update to coincide with General Availability, but if they have the correct downloads it is RTM. The same applied to Win 8, Win 8.1. The user issues are with the user not knowing the software. I have Win 8.1.1 on several machines and it works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12