Unanswered Windows 8.1 Update Questions

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
First, I think Microsoft killed it today. One of the best keynotes I've ever watched and I love the direction they are heading.

But.... They left me with a couple unanswered questions, maybe somebody knows the answers or somebody else has the same questions.

All of these questions have to do with the latter half of the keynote when they talked about the future they showed off the start menu with modern apps built in:

1. When is this available?
2. Does the replace the current start menu? And if so how would that work on tablets?

Sent From My Woven Black and Yellow Moto X

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
First, I think Microsoft killed it today. One of the best keynotes I've ever watched and I love the direction they are heading.

But.... They left me with a couple unanswered questions, maybe somebody knows the answers or somebody else has the same questions.

All of these questions have to do with the latter half of the keynote when they talked about the future they showed off the start menu with modern apps built in:

1. When is this available?
2. Does the replace the current start menu? And if so how would that work on tablets?

Sent From My Woven Black and Yellow Moto X

The update will be generally available on next Tuesday. If you have MSDN it is available now.

The new start menu shown is for a further update due at a later date. If it is like some of the new functionality in this Update 1, then it the behaviour may change depending on your type of device. As an example the power button on the screen does not show if your device is a tablet to prevent accidental logouts. Also the menu bar in the modern apps won't appear unless you have a mouse connected, but will appear on tablets and PCs.

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey, my phone is dev unlocked and I do have preview for developers but O am not able to receive the update. Don't know what to do. Please help.

Last edited:

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
My only question about the Windows 8.1 Update is how to revert it back. The changes they did to appease the ***** desktop users are awful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs