Have anyone ever heard someone say they are running W7 and W8 when they are really just using W8

drjekel_mrhyde

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
My cousin told me that and I was a bit shocked, but not mad. I am thinking maybe alot people think the desktop in W8 is W7 while the start menu is W8.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I haven't heard anyone think that but I guess it could be a mistake made by someone who isn't really into tech

Posted via the WPC App for Android on my BlackBerry

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Could they be dual-booting Windows 7 and Windows 8? I'm not aware of anyone who dual boots 2 different versions of Windows, but it is possible. Most people who dual boot (myself included) usually dual boot Linux and Windows.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Never heard that but I completely understand it. Most people that hate Windows 8 think that it consists of tiles and tiles alone.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Could they be dual-booting Windows 7 and Windows 8? I'm not aware of anyone who dual boots 2 different versions of Windows. Most people who dual boot (myself included) usually dual boot Linux and Windows.

I have 4 OSs on my computer: XP, W7, W8, and Linux, all one one machine! Like you I dual boot Windows (8) and Linux, and then XP and W7 are installed in VMs inside W8.The reason I have 3 different versions of Windows is that I teach a computer class at my church's private school. I need to have everything available for demonstration and to answer questions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit