It's tuesday, where's the 8.1 update?

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
That was confirmed for a future update as was that return of the disgusting, decade old Start Menu that looks crap with the Live Tiles shoehorned into it. Start Screen FTW!!!!!

Oh the next update? not this one? oh well... Pinning them to taskbar is also okay. I really only use calendar actually :p

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
From where and how? It's 10:30am central time, just checked for updates and nothing!! Where is it?? I must know!!!

he probably downloaded the update by patching registry etc. Its not a 100% safe thing to do if you dont know what registry is, so i advise you wait. The trick he used is available since a few weeks.

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much playing around and my conclusion is...it's just an update for those who can't cope up with the metro ui & those who can't let go of the Windows 7 feel.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.png

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Dam you Microsoft. Fool me like that. Ive been checking for updates all day and just a second ago it said "We found updates" and I like peed my pants. I clicked on it and it was a Windows Defender definition update.... super salt.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Dam you Microsoft. Fool me like that. Ive been checking for updates all day and just a second ago it said "We found updates" and I like peed my pants. I clicked on it and it was a Windows Defender definition update.... super salt.

same here ! Checked all day long, and got defender.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, i read that the update has rolled out for a few regions. For example Chile. And there are links at Microsoft news which can let you download the updates manually and install them. I think the update is coming to all regions very soon then.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, i read that the update has rolled out for a few regions. For example Chile. And there are links at Microsoft news which can let you download the updates manually and install them. I think the update is coming to all regions very soon then.

If you could link that I would love you forever...

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Mary Jo Foley just tweeted that it'll be on the Windows Update servers at 10am PDT.

So, about 7 minutes from the time I post this :)

Last edited:

anon(8407492)

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Just received the update in the Netherlands.

I checked at 18:59 and all I got was the definiton update for windows defender, but when I looked at the clock I thought, lets wait another minute. And at 19:00, BAM!, 24 updates.
Installing right now :D

Times of my current timezone. GMT+1

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded and installed 5 updates, and have no new function. No old-style context menu on right click, no pinning apps to the task bar, nothing, and no more new updates upon checking Windows Update.

Is it coming in separate parts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234