Absolutely hate Update 1 to Windows8.1 on a desktop

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Still looking for a way to get rid of that retard title bar and that stupid shut down button.

Good god, man, I think you spend more time fixated on, and complaining about, easily ignored changes than you do actually doing something with your computer.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Another thing is that these changes (titlebar, minimize and close buttons, Windows store apps in the taskbar, and the taskbar visible when Windows Store apps are running) are also laying the groundwork for the future update where Windows Store apps can be run in overlapping windows on the desktop.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Good god, man, I think you spend more time fixated on, and complaining about, easily ignored changes than you do actually doing something with your computer.

I'm glad you enjoy the desktop training wheels update, but I don't. I have my desktop 95% back how it was before this dumba$$ update. All I need now is a way to remove the title bar. I'm not the only one that want's it removed. It gets in the way.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Another thing is that these changes (titlebar, minimize and close buttons, Windows store apps in the taskbar, and the taskbar visible when Windows Store apps are running) are also laying the groundwork for the future update where Windows Store apps can be run in overlapping windows on the desktop.

I rather have the ability to run desktop programs in the Modern UI. I hate jumping back to desktop. Running Modern apps on the desktop is just plain dumb.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
What's dumb is stating unequivocally that the appropriate interface for a large screen desktop be the same as for a 10" tablet. If WinRT is truly the future API for windows, then it needs to be able to scale up to a multi window mode, and no, 2 or 3 or even 4 vertically split full screen "windows" isn't good enough.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
What's dumb is stating unequivocally that the appropriate interface for a large screen desktop be the same as for a 10" tablet. If WinRT is truly the future API for windows, then it needs to be able to scale up to a multi window mode, and no, 2 or 3 or even 4 vertically split full screen "windows" isn't good enough.

If you want multi windows, get multi screens. That being said, Modern UI split mode works great for me.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
If you want multi windows, get multi screens. That being said, Modern UI split mode works great for me.

Worksforme(TM) It doesn't work for me when I truly am working in desktop mode where I literally have at least a half dozen windows open that I'm actively working with, plus mail and Lync messaging going on.

Why not argue for one app per screen like on a phone, and then get even more screens for a desktop, or a multiscreen tablet like the Courier if you want more windows? (Hmm, a multiscreen laptop would be interesting.) That wouldn't be any more ridiculous than what you're proposing.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It gets in the way.

Only if you're hyper-focused on it. If you just... actually use your computer, instead of throwing rage-gasm fits and acting like your world is ending, you'll see that it doesn't get in the way. It just... fades away after a few seconds, and it doesn't in any way stop you from using your computer as you did before the update.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
On both Windows 7 and Windows 8 just go to the start button (win 7) and start screen (win 8) start typing the app you want to open. Much faster.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

This is true, and I do do this with Windows 8. I guess I should just train myself to do it on Windows 7 as well!

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
If you want to minimize all the items on your desktop you can click the space in the bottom right of the screen (next to the time and date). If you have regularly used documents, folders or programs you can pin them to the taskbar and use the jump lists.

The thing is, I like keeping my task bar clean and minimal. That's why I love the Windows 8 startscreen so much. :)

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss