Possible to transfer microsoft office from bay trail tablet to new tablet?

patstar5

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The bay trail tablets come with office 2013 preinstalled, I cracked my asus t100 and wanted to move office to my new dell venue 11 pro core i3 version. I downloaded office and it got to the point where it needed to check if any other computers are using the license. So of course with it being activated on the asus it didn't let me. So is there anyway of deactivating it from the asus and transferring it to the dell or is the office version "special" that came with the bay trail tablets?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd uninstall it on the T100, then call MS to activate and it will ask how many computers it is installed on. (zero or one, something like that.)

I'm not sure whether it's transferable, but here's hoping it is.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
That might only apply to Office 365 but don't hold me to it

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Under the EULA, you are allowed to transfer your install from one machine to another, as long as it's just on one device at a time. I just don't know if you can transfer the license via the website or if it requires calling MS support.

patstar5

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Apparently since it was preinstalled and not installed online, uninstalling it will note let me register it to my dell. I also tried going to office.com and it told me I had nothing associated with my account. Anyone have office 365? Is it worth it?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, OEM software that is preinstalled is not transferable. I have Office 365. If you have multiple computers and want to make sure you always have the latest version, it's not a bad deal in my opinion.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apparently since it was preinstalled and not installed online, uninstalling it will note let me register it to my dell. I also tried going to office.com and it told me I had nothing associated with my account. Anyone have office 365? Is it worth it?

I think Office 365 is 100% worth it. I'm glad they went to the subscription. Instead of buying for one computer where it's stuck there, a subscription will get you just about every Office app out there, Skype minutes, OneDrive storage, and your files can travel with you to up to 5 computers with Home. They now have Personal which doesn't have as many installs and is cheaper.

patstar5

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think Office 365 is 100% worth it. I'm glad they went to the subscription. Instead of buying for one computer where it's stuck there, a subscription will get you just about every Office app out there, Skype minutes, OneDrive storage, and your files can travel with you to up to 5 computers with Home. They now have Personal which doesn't have as many installs and is cheaper.

How is office online? It is free compared to regular office.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How is office online? It is free compared to regular office.

Office Online is quite good. If comparing it side by side with Google Docs, then Office Online wins by a landslide. However, like all online suites, you're stuck online. I'd still get Office 365.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)