What do you think about an "iTunes" for Windows?

Eroneko

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Currently Microsoft has many excellent services. In terms of multimedia services has: music, video, games, applications and perhaps in the future books too.
But to access each service you have to jump between applications or websites. In iTunes everything is there, listening to your music, watch your videos, connect your device (you can even organize your home screen), shopping apps, books, music, movies, and more.

What do you think about an "iTunes" for Windows?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
While I'm not an iTunes fan, I still think that the device backup part of it is the best, bar none! I used an iPhone for awhile, and I was in awe every time I made a backup of my old device, and restored it to a new one (or the same device after a reset). Everything was restored exactly like it was! I'm not a big media consumer, so I don't care so much about that aspect of iTunes.

Eroneko

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
While I'm not an iTunes fan, I still think that the device backup part of it is the best, bar none! I used an iPhone for awhile, and I was in awe every time I made a backup of my old device, and restored it to a new one (or the same device after a reset). Everything was restored exactly like it was! I'm not a big media consumer, so I don't care so much about that aspect of iTunes.

Me neither, but we need a build-in apps store for Windows phone in Windows 8

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't mind they are different apps - since watching a movie is quite different from listening to music anyway. But iTunes is definitely a better sync solution.
On the phone side, iPhones are far better music players than Windows phone.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Once upon a time, back in the WP 7.X days, we had Zune on our phones and PCs. And we could even wireless sync. And it worked flawlessly. We didn't encounter usage rights errors or get duplicate tables, and it was easy to make playlists whether on our computer or our phone. And people who had used both iTunes and Zune on their PC often preferred Zune.
And then darkness feel on the land, as Microsoft decided that the word "rebrand" actually means "take what isn't broken and *fix* it by making it clunky and buggy and removing functionality...

Eroneko

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I actually don't mind they are different apps - since watching a movie is quite different from listening to music anyway. But iTunes is definitely a better sync solution.
On the phone side, iPhones are far better music players than Windows phone.

Windows might have the same options that iTunes sync have, adding the file explorer . I think both devices are good playing music , radio and podcast.

Eroneko

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Once upon a time, back in the WP 7.X days, we had Zune on our phones and PCs. And we could even wireless sync. And it worked flawlessly. We didn't encounter usage rights errors or get duplicate tables, and it was easy to make playlists whether on our computer or our phone. And people who had used both iTunes and Zune on their PC often preferred Zune.
And then darkness feel on the land, as Microsoft decided that the word "rebrand" actually means "take what isn't broken and *fix* it by making it clunky and buggy and removing functionality...
That made me laugh and made me feel sad about us xD I love Microsoft, but they take wrong decision before asking us if we'll like the changes.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
iTunes is very limited in terms of Video format playback. I wouldn't really watch a movie there. On the other hand, iTunes is a breeze in syncing music. I made a brave shift to Windows Phone since I really use iTunes everyday with my iPhone. What I found out though is that it is easy to sync playlists and playcounts from Windows Phone to iTunes so it seemed like I didn't even switched platforms.

I don't mind Microsoft not having a media program for everything but it would be nice to actually have one.

Eroneko

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
iTunes is very limited in terms of Video format playback. I wouldn't really watch a movie there. On the other hand, iTunes is a breeze in syncing music. I made a brave shift to Windows Phone since I really use iTunes everyday with my iPhone. What I found out though is that it is easy to sync playlists and playcounts from Windows Phone to iTunes so it seemed like I didn't even switched platforms.

I don't mind Microsoft not having a media program for everything but it would be nice to actually have one.

Yeah, we can live without it, but would be better with it.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This string of comments is so very lacking in knowledge of the past actual history of MS and the ZUNE Software, I'm stunned. I don't know where to begin.

ZUNE is the wonderful amazing media software that Microsoft developed, that is the beginning of Metro/Modern style of Windows Phone. It still exists as a free desktop download. Go take a look. You will see, that its obvious. It is better looking and has better features then the fledgling solution MS is developing today. It is amazing, still, even after MS has removed a few features. Please, let's not start rumors and contribute to rewriting history falsely. (Sorry, this truth, neglected by MS, is a sore spot with many of us.)

AND... Windows Media Center with a Ceton card and cable M card is the most sophisticated solution for Cable TV management that exists, that also is shockingly amazing even though MS has removed a few features.

Best Wishes.

Last edited:

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I think iTunes is the worst piece of software currently installed on my PC.

But anyway, iTunes is already available for Windows, so I'm not sure what you're suggesting?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That'd be nice actually, I'm fine without it, but wouldn't say no.

I just wish it wouldn't have the performance of iTunes on PC.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
iTunes is one of the most painfully oversized and bloated pieces of software available. Think about it for a minute...there really is no logical reason to buy a game for your tablet in your media player application. But that is exactly how itunes works, and its why it's such a crappy piece of software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon