How do I take my account off the old PC so I can sell it please?
    06-04-2014 01:03 PM
    Do you mean user? Like when the PC starts you see a Julie Packer and then you click on it and you enter a password and it will go to your desktop?
    Snow Wight likes this.
    06-04-2014 01:09 PM
    Yes and no.......I bought the PC as a Win 7 machine but got a code from MS to upgrade to Win 8. I now want to see the machine but can't factory reset as it says it can't find the files. I can't sell it with my account and files on. I am starting to think I just won't be able to sell it at this point lol.
    06-04-2014 01:20 PM
    Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
    3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
    Snow Wight likes this.
    06-04-2014 01:21 PM
    Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
    3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

I don't think this will work because She started with Win 7. The OEM probably partition the hard drive for recovery boot of Win 7.

She upgrade to Win 8. If she restore from recovery partition it will be Win 7.

But its worth a try.
    Snow Wight likes this.
    06-04-2014 01:24 PM
    I have tried that and it says 'Some files are missing......'. I don't have a disc with Win 8 on or Win 7 so I think I might be up that well known creek without a paddle!
    06-04-2014 01:25 PM
    You can download an installer here
    Upgrading Windows with only a product key - Microsoft Windows Help
    After it downloads select Install by Creating Media. You have the option to use a USB drive(at least 3GB) or DVD.
    You should be able to run Recovery then.
    Snow Wight likes this.
    06-04-2014 04:04 PM
    this happened with me and my Samsung slate 7. I took it to a Microsoft store, and they helped me create a install disc on a usb drive. If you're anywhere near one, I would highly suggest taking the device there, if it's possible...
    Snow Wight likes this.
    06-04-2014 05:33 PM
    I gave up and rolled it back to Windows 7, which was on the partition. I have a buyer who is happy with that. Thanks for all the help though.
    06-04-2014 05:52 PM