Have a Surface 2 with start up issues, would have been really handy if I had made a recovery disc / USB, but I didn't.

Got to admit I have been lax with this in the past as I have always had full copies of Windows, legit copies of all software and back ups of data so if I had a problem it was often just as easy to do a full re-install, although to be honest I haven't had to do such a drastic thing often.

But this year my family have pretty much replaced all our tech so we have 7 new (Since Xmas) PC's in the house, two desktops, three laptops a Surface Pro (Original 128k) and a Surface 2.

So time to do recovery discs.

Can you use say a 32g card, make a recovery stick and then copy this to a CD or another hard drive, and then copy the files back if and when needed. Then use the same card to make another (Previous ones being deleted as the drive is formatted).

So we would end up having all seven sets of recovery files each in their own folder.

Bob
    06-10-2014 04:21 PM
    Yup, I moved my Dell Venue tablet's recovery data to an SD card, then moved it off the card. (Backed it up on another hard drive, uploaded it to my cloud storage. I really didn't want to lose it, considering my external hard drive failed before)

Pending shipment back to Dell for a calibration issue, I copied the recovery data back to the SD card, then wiped it easily with no issues.

You may have to copy each set of data to the top/root directory of the card pending use though.
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-10-2014 04:54 PM

You may have to copy each set of data to the top/root directory of the card pending use though.
    Yes I had assumed that, many thanks for the reply, saves buying lots of separate USB sticks :-)

Bob
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-10-2014 04:58 PM