Worth upgrading Dell Vostro 1050 laptop to Win8?

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I have about 4gb of ram, and is currently running Win7 Professional quote nicely. No major issue either. Have any of you upgraded your Vostro 1050 to W8? Is the system slower post upgrade?

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30

Vishal Attri

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Yup u can :) it wil work fyn.... Bt only i problem i suggest u before.. Make sure u r not a gamer or in hunger of playing bigger games that can be downloaded from windows store like asphalt 8, minion rush.. Etc it will lag if ur system is not having a graphic card that support dx11 :) i suggest u tell the full specification of ur device to be clear.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's a matter of preference, really. Just update the drivers post-update. (And make sure you get 8.1 instead of 8. It's your choice if you want to install 8.1 Update 1 as well.)

I don't really see a large benefit from the leap, though, if you're not going to use the Metro side of things. Prepare for a faster desktop if that's the case.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded the old Packard Bell family PC (with 2GB RAM) from Vista to Windows 8 and it performs considerably better in terms of load times. I haven't noticed much, if any lag whatsoever either. I'd say it is worth the upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire