​Hi there, I have an interesting problem. I just change from a Lenovo Helix to a surface pro 3.

Helix is fine app wise.

Surface Pro 3 is interesting in that the core apps work fine but the downloaded ones have trouble.

It appears to be a network connection issue.

I run Hyper-V and I created a internal VM network to connect my tablet to my VM (I did this because VPN software I use inside that VM screws up my ability to access resources I need)

Anyways, with that internal network card enabled, Core windows 8.1 apps work fine. But non core ones don't work. I disable that internal NIC and everything works again.

I didn't have to do this with my Helix and not sure why on my SP3, the core apps can't find the internet connection.

Thanks!
    08-18-2014 04:41 PM
    ​hmmm now I don't exhibit this problem today and everything working fine without disabling anything. Sorry!
    08-19-2014 06:00 PM
    Nope, fresh boot same issue... now to find what enables it to work after some time!
    08-19-2014 11:15 PM
    I know that normal apps are not allowed to open IP connections to the local host. I would not be surprised if Microsoft apps are not restricted like that. Maybe your configuration creates some kind of loopback, so Windows thinks the apps access localhost? Just a guess...
    09-03-2014 12:51 PM