Weird Bug in Windows 8/8.1 that no one seems to have noticed

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
In Windows 8.1, folders and applications can be pinned to start from the context menu, but the pin to start option is always disabled in the easy access section in the ribbon. I really don't understand what is happening here.

context.png
easy access.png
How do I draw Microsoft's attention to this?

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Try pointing this out on a Microsoft forum or telling them on twitter?

The odds of them actually reading it are too low. Moderators on the Microsoft forums don't work on the Windows team, and it's unlikely they'll ever read my bug report on Twitter.

It surprises me that they haven't fixed it yet, because someone on the Windows team should have noticed it by now.

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Very soon you can start testing Windows 10 and if the bug persists you can send MS feedback from within the Preview itself.

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Very soon you can start testing Windows 10 and if the bug persists you can send MS feedback from within the Preview itself.
That's a good idea acutally. I think I will also install it to point them to some issues I see in Windows 8. I also used the forums to report them but of cause nothing came from it.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Amazing I had never noticed that before. And yes, it's still not working on Windows 10 Tech Preview in the exact same way as described. I sent feedback about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro