Why do I have strange codes appearing on my Xbox Video?

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Strange codes appearing in Xbox Video

Hi all,

I have been using Xbox Video to buy a lot of my favourite T.V. shows. Generally speaking it's brilliant, however for some strange reason, strange codes have started appearing next to the videos (please see attached image). I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)Screenshot (5).jpg

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Strange codes appearing in Xbox Video

Looks like the item ID to me. No idea though why it's being displayed in the first place.

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. I wonder if any other users have experienced this ??? The strange this is that they weren't there to start off with. It's also happened with a couple of series of South Park. ???

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably the latest update messed things up a bit? You could try and uninstall/reinstall the app to see if that fixes it. If not, I'd probably just wait for the next update.

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Thanks dKp1977 - I might just wait until the next update because I don't want to lose all my downloaded movies. Thank you 😊

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks dKp1977 - I might just wait until the next update because I don't want to lose all my downloaded movies. Thank you 😊

You're not losing anything. Items purchased through Xbox Video are tied to your account. You can download them all again without have to pay another time.

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for that. I know I won't lose them, but my problem is that I can't really afford to download them again, because I'm poor and have no internet service here in the U.K. (except for the public library - lol). Most of them I downloaded in Australia prior to my move. Do you think I could back them up to a USB and then do a manual copy should anything go wrong with uninstalling / reinstalling the app? 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb