Why does the Windows 8 Mail app crash every time I send a mail?

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
it's really annoying to use this app now,it's really frustrating to see that a big mail I typed has just vanished with frequent crashes.So every so often i must copy the content before i send the mail.most of the time it closes aromatically as soon as i hit send button.and if i switch app when i am typing an email and come back it would have been closed already.this happens too often when there is an attachment in the thread.I don't know what's going on with this app.anyone knows how to fix this?

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
My outlook mail is not a part of office 365.this modern app came with my windows 8 as a pack with calender,people.it is available as a combined app in the windows store.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My outlook mail is not a part of office 365.this modern app came with my windows 8 as a pack with calender,people.it is available as a combined app in the windows store.

Just to get this out of the way, you're always speaking of Windows 8. Is that really the OS version you're using or did you perform all the OS updates and are running latest Windows 8.1?

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Just to get this out of the way, you're always speaking of Windows 8. Is that really the OS version you're using or did you perform all the OS updates and are running latest Windows 8.1?

I am still using windows 8.i didnt upgrade to 8.1.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So, you're using Windows 8 Mail, not Outlook then.

Outlook is the desktop Windows client that is part of Office.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
So, you're using Windows 8 Mail, not Outlook then.

Outlook is the desktop Windows client that is part of Office.

Yes it is Just Mail app came with windows 8.Sorry I thought It was outlook mail app.I like this app very much.Really simple and notification is really good.That's why I prefer it to outlook 2013(Desktop).But the only problem is frequent crashing.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is Just Mail app came with windows 8.Sorry I thought It was outlook mail app.I like this app very much.Really simple and notification is really good.That's why I prefer it to outlook 2013(Desktop).But the only problem is frequent crashing.
I've edited your thread title to reflect which app you are using.

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question. I'm running Windows 8.1, but I don't use Windows 8.1 Mail (and didn't use Windows 8 Mail when I had Windows 8), since I use Outlook.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question. I'm running Windows 8.1, but I don't use Windows 8.1 Mail (and didn't use Windows 8 Mail), since I use Outlook.

I think all he needs to do is install all those updates he's missing and he should be fine. The only other option that might fix it is an OS refresh.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question. I'm running Windows 8.1, but I don't use Windows 8.1 Mail (and didn't use Windows 8 Mail when I had Windows 8), since I use Outlook.

Thank you so much Laura .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05