New Windows 8 user - advice required

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I have been using XP at home, but I have decided to buy a laptop. The laptop comes with Windows 8. Is there anything you can recommend that I do straight off? One thing I would like to do is great some kind of recovery media. But, I also want to have it running great quickly. Are there any updates I need to do straight away?

Any tips are very welcome.

Thanks.

MoshMast

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Performing all available Windows Updates is a good thing to do anyways and I usually start out any new PC by doing this exactly.

You can create recovery media if you want, but I haven't found it to be necessary since Windows 8 has a built-in reset option to reinstall itself.

If you haven't used 8.1 before: make sure you familiarize yourself with the new gestures and navigation options. A great way to do this is to use the Help+Tips app that comes preloaded with your laptop. I find that most people who are frustrated with Windows 8 haven't really tried to learn it yet and just blindly assume it isn't a good operating system.

Things have changed but you won't look back once you've invested the time to truly take advantage of Windows 8!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa