Touchscreen mouse pointer

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody!

Inspired by the recent article here on Windows Central regarding the option to install a Virtual trackpad in Windows 8.1/10, i got to think about something:

In the Remote Desktop app for Windows 8.1, you can activate a mouse pointer, which simply follows follows the direction of your finger on the screen, regardless of where on the screen you choose to place your finger. Basically making the entire screen work like a touchpad. This works very well, and does not take up space on the screen, unlike Virtual trackpad.

Does anybody know if this feature exists for use on the local Windows 8.1 desktop, or only in Remote Desktop? I'd really love being able to have a mouse pointer when using touch.

Thanks!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No he meant using the screen as a touchpad.
To OP: no that feature is only available on remote desktop I'm afraid.

Thanks.
To the OP
Indeed for touch you need a touch screen and if your desktop monitor has no touch then you can not use touch.
Or in other words if you want touch on your screen you need to buy a touch screen or use a touchpad or mouse.

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I might have phrased my question terribly :D

I do have a touch screen, I simply want to use it to control a mouse pointer in a certain way, that exist in the Remote Desktop app.
I was affraid that wasn't possible, and seems like I was correct. It just seems odd that the feature is only in the app. Would seem smart to have when using Windows 8.1 without a mouse or trackpad!

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE

Turns out "Virtual Trackpad" does that this feature. Try installing it and running it in fullscreen mode. Works great! ;)

Ashish Chaudhary1

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Sorry if it seems ridiculous but i think i have activated this touchscreen pointer thing on accidentally. It's useless as damn.... At the first place i dunno why my touchscreen is behaving like this. Please if anyone know what this problem is, reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo