Why does our internet connection stop working when downloading apps in Windows 8?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Why does our internet connection stop working when downloading apps in windows 8

I recently got laptop with windows 8. I notice that whenever I am trying to install a larger app from the Windows store, I cant browse the internet or use apps that require a connection. Even people on the same wifi network have the same problem, even if it is just me downloading the app. Is windows configured to use ALL of the bandwidth in order to install an app? Is there a setting where I can make it only use like half? I don't mind if it takes a little longer to install.

Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why does our internet connection stop working when downloading apps in windows 8

What is your wifi download speed.? And be aware there is a difference between the download speed given by your provider (mostly a max speed) and the actual speed you get ("including" distances to server, interferes etc)
If this is "low" then probably the downloading uses the total bandwidth.

If you open the task manager during the download you can see what the actual download speed is or use a app to check your download speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo