**Apple Music is coming to windows pc's**

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Its been released that Apple music will be coming to Android phones and Windows pc's this fall (Autumn) it wont however be released as an app for Windows Phone. In my opinion its trying to hard to compete against Spotify.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Am little confused.. If win 10 comes out, it will be a universal app right?? So if they make for windows pc it should be available to windows phone also..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Am little confused.. If win 10 comes out, it will be a universal app right?? So if they make for windows pc it should be available to windows phone also..

Windows 10 still runs traditional Windows programs, so I would imagine it would be one of these, less touch friendly, things. Like iTunes, Firefox, and almost everything else.

Which aren't universal nor on Windows Phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It would be up to Apple to decide whether or not to develop a Windows 10 Mobile version of Apple Music.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Which of course, they are doing on purpose. They can't ignore the install base of Windows Desktop PCs, but they don't want to give up any sales to WP.

I had posted earlier in another thread that Apple has to be figuring out how to compete for the future because their ecosystem of "everyone needing the iPhone, iPad, MacBook, etc." wasn't going to pan out long term. They made sure their products didn't step on each other's toes so they could sell them all to the same people, who would need them all to get things done. Now, with Windows 10 and W10M continuum, people that want to buy only one device will be able to get away with it and Apple will be left with unsold hardware if they don't make some changes.

I believe spreading their services to other platforms is exactly the kind of move they are needing to make in order to survive the next wave of technology changes. It's a good move by Apple and will help keep them relevant as things move forward. Smart move. I expect more services to be ported. People with iPhones who have Windows Computers will be happy for this, and would also be happy I'm sure to receive other Apple services for their Windows PC.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It may be technically easy, but I doubt a developer *has* to make it available to any device.
Apple's gunning for Spotify, which should be interesting.
Shouldn't affect whatever Microsoft does with music playing - that'll still be a disaster that won't bother Apple.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
They are trying to corner the music steaming market. They know that its a vastly developing market. With Spotify getting the lions share of the music market Apple feel with the purchase of the Beats brand that they are playing catch up.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it might actually come to windows phone. Go look at the FAQ for the Beats app. It says that once Apple Music is avalible, you can switch your Beats account over to Apple music. It shows Windows Phone as still supported on the side.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know its saying that Apple Music is not available on windows phone. I think they mean existing iPhone users registered for Beats will be supported whereas windows phone will no longer be supported. It will be fazed out.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Let me ask this first

Why using apple music when MixRadio is on our market

I don't use the service I just came across an article last night and thought it would be good to bring the tip to the community here. I love MixRadio its a fantastic service, I use xbox music for my OneDrive music streaming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss