I just can't believe !!!! 27 seconds of BIOS time ??

MrD33P

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
hey guys,
My laptop's startup is something which embarrasses me all the time in front of others,
I have HP Pavilion 15 e-001ax Notebook,
Specs are:
AMD A10-5750m Processor, Quad core.
RAM 8GB,
HDD-1TB
OS- Windows 8 (Preinstalled), Now Windows 8.1 with updates.
It takes ages to start, Please see attached picture, startup of everything is disabled still BIOS time is very high. Even most of the Non-MS services are also disabled (I see them when I open "msinfo")
BIOS is also updated and Windows is fairly updated, (Updated 3 months ago). Untitled.jpg

Any Idea what's happening ?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
What part of the startup sequence is running long? Before or after you see the Windows logo on the screen?

If it is referring to the time spent in BIOS before Windows starts, no amount of tweaking around in Windows settings is going to help.

Look in your BIOS settings for things that might be slowing it down, such as extensive memory testing, long timeouts waiting on drives to spin up, etc.

MrD33P

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I don't know any of term you mentioned, however, resetting BIOS settings to default problem is same, but it always fluctuates between 15-28 seconds.

MrD33P

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I forgot to tell, (which part runs longer) it is the time when I see HP logo and windows load, it is after BIOS I guess :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss