I have a dreamspark account using which I can purchase Windows 8.1 Pro Student version. I want to know if this license can expire after purchase, and if I need to re-verify my student status after purchasing? Can someone who has purchased this version answer my question?
    06-23-2015 05:42 AM
    I am a student myself at college, and I own a Windows 8.1 Pro Student license purchased via Microsoft DreamSpark which then took me to the Microsoft Store to purchase.

By my understanding, this gives you a full Windows 8.1 Pro license just at student prices, so the license will not expire, as you own the license.

That's just my understanding of it, but anyone correct me if I am wrong :-)
    06-26-2015 08:16 AM
    I am a student myself at college, and I own a Windows 8.1 Pro Student license purchased via Microsoft DreamSpark which then took me to the Microsoft Store to purchase.

By my understanding, this gives you a full Windows 8.1 Pro license just at student prices, so the license will not expire, as you own the license.

That's just my understanding of it, but anyone correct me if I am wrong :-)
    Ok thanks, I talked to multiple Microsoft reps and all of them said it doesn't expire, so I bought it too. This is a great deal.
    Ryan ODonnell likes this.
    06-26-2015 11:41 PM