Windows Store Error Code

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It's worth a try, perhaps one of you fabulous individuals possess a magic solution.
For a long. Long. Long time I've been met with this error code: (0x80070005), every time I attempt to access the Windows Store. It started with Windows 8 and the issue carried over to Windows 8.1. I've installed every update since, and nothing has changed.
Many other users have had this issue, and I've looked everywhere for a solution. For many people, the issue is that apps won't install or update. But in my case, the Windows Store won't even open.
You see, this error code is a general error code, and refers to any number of issues the Store could be having. Microsoft should, in theory, update their error codes so that we actually know what's going on, but to do that Microsoft would have to acknowledge the existence of the bugs in the first place, which doesn't seem likely.
What this means, however, is that what may work for someone won't work for anyone else. Here's what I've done so far (I've most definitely forgotten a few, as I've done a LOT of "solutions").

I've reset the Windows Store Cache several times. (MSReset.exe)
I've done several solutions in Windows Configuration and meddled with startup programs. (MSConfig)
I've played with app permissions.
Local user accounts (and non local).
Uninstalled unnecessary programs.
Done full sweeps for any files and programs that are either missing or may interfere.
A full reset install.

That's all I can think of for right now. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Note: I currently do not have any way to backup my system, as I don't have the necessary storage either internal or external. So please, if you suggest something that could potentially go wrong, make note of it.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Probably you tried id but I got below from this post Windows Store - Error Code: 0x80070005 - Microsoft Community

1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Below System and Security select Find and fix problems (or) select System and Security - Action Center - Troubleshooting.
3. Select Fix problems with Windows update.
4. Select Next and when the process is complete select Finish.
-------------------
Look in your Windows Directory and search for a folder named "AUInstallAgent". It didn't exist on my machine. After creating this folder and a restart (just to be safe - don't know if the computer needs to be restartet) my Windows Store worked like a charm.
----------
There is also something about domain or prox sever so could you use another network. Like create a internet share on your phone and connect your pc to it or if it's a laptop go to another place.

If you already tried above "solutions" forget this post.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Probably you tried id but I got below from this post Windows Store - Error Code: 0x80070005 - Microsoft Community

1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Below System and Security select Find and fix problems (or) select System and Security - Action Center - Troubleshooting.
3. Select Fix problems with Windows update.
4. Select Next and when the process is complete select Finish.
-------------------
Look in your Windows Directory and search for a folder named "AUInstallAgent". It didn't exist on my machine. After creating this folder and a restart (just to be safe - don't know if the computer needs to be restartet) my Windows Store worked like a charm.
----------
There is also something about domain or prox sever so could you use another network. Like create a internet share on your phone and connect your pc to it or if it's a laptop go to another place.

If you already tried above "solutions" forget this post.

Thank you for posting.
The first solution I have done multiple times. Every update available for my machine has been installed.
The second solution I have also looked into. Programs and files that either should or shouldn't be there have been dealt with.
This machine isn't on a domain or proxy server and never has been.

Again, thank you, as these are all solutions I didn't specify I had tried.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb