Windows 8.1 Update Error 8024402c / None of the Microsoft websites open on Windows 8.1 devices. What could be wrong?

Pranab

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Windows 8.1 Update Error 8024402c / None of the Microsoft websites open on windows 8.1 devices

Have been facing very weird issues with microsoft websites since today morning. None of the microsoft websites open on my tablet Windows 8.1 and laptop windows 8.1 since today morning. Even my Windows Update and store have stopped working. Surprisingly all those websites open on my other Windows 7 laptop.

Tried to Refresh Windows 8.1 on my tablet from the settings. Still getting the same Windows update error. Now when i try to activate my Office 365 subscription on my tablet, the website does not open.

I am using the same net connection on all my devices through my home wifi router.

Pranab

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 8.1 Update Error 8024402c / None of the Microsoft websites open on windows 8.1 devices

Thanks for your tip. But already tried all that, but to no avail. In fact the above link wont open in any of my Windows 8.1 devices. Opened it on a Windows 7 machine and then had tried it on my 8.1 device. But found the solution later. Connected to a different wifi router and internet connection and voila,!! Still very confused about the issue. This means that there is some issue with my router settings or my internet service provider settings and Microsoft Server DNS compatibility issue. If anyone can shed some light on the same..

SoulSnatcherr

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: Windows 8.1 Update Error 8024402c

Don't know if you ever figured this out, but I think this sounds like the solution to your problem:
"Shivam15Dec 2, 2014, 2:04 AM

Oh i have finally FINALLY found the link to this annoying problem and it is related to my ISP
*My fix is to have the system use the google dns servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

This bug is on my own ISP. When I used their DNS every single machine in my house (all) fail with this error:) 8024402C).

As soon as I changed dns servers (in my network adapter settings) they all worked."

This is the link from which this solution was pulled: Solving error 8024402c - [Solved] - Windows 8 - Tom's Hardware

This worked for me also! After a whole lot of headaches, anxiety, and time. So, I thought I'd throw it your way as well, since I came across your thread while searching for a solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05