How to rename my User account in deep in Windows system?

mijaco

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I renamed my account successfully user "X" in Windows 8.1 Pro by changing the name of the "X " folder with the name "Y" in the Manager files and renaming the Value data of the file in the Registry editor's ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ ProfileList \ S- 1-5-21-3191571139-445060046-1274765821-1005 -> ProfileImagePath ) .

However, I realize that the name associated with my User profile in the window named User Profiles (Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Configure advanced user profile properties ) is still the old name, it's to say "X".

Is there a way to rename my User profile once and for all with the new name, it's to say "Y", without deleting my actual account and make another one?

Thank you!

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Bottom line is it isn't safe, there are too many places that point to the registry entry and can fail when that entry changes. It is safer to create a new account and rename, THEN delete the old account. I went through this when installing a clean Win10. One of the accounts I created became corrupt and was unusable. I spent quite a bit of time with helpdesk and my answer is due to personal experience. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre