03-30-2017 05:15 AM
29 12
tools
    Yesterday, i installed windows xp in my pc but i want to know what is the best antivirus for xp which keep my system secure?
    02-01-2015 04:10 PM
    Some free ones are avast, bitdefender, avira, avg, and panda.
    02-01-2015 04:17 PM
    I'd use Avast.

I believe you meant: "...keep my system LESS INSECURE"

Ditch XP at the soonest convenience. It's dangerous. Get Vista, 7, or even Fedora, any of those would be more secure at the moment.
    link68759 likes this.
    02-01-2015 04:20 PM
    I used avira, avast, avg but they don't secure my system. Disturb my programs
    02-02-2015 04:20 AM
    What do you men with disturb my programs?

You also could use windows defender as real-time and scan ones a while with malwarebytes. The free version has no realtime protection but you can do manual scan's.
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

And as said before xp is not safe anymore .
    link68759 and xandros9 like this.
    02-02-2015 04:52 AM
    Don't use more than one at the same time.
    02-02-2015 08:28 AM
    Download the free Windows 10 evaluation and you can use it for a couple of months. XP is currently not supported by Microsoft so it is vulnerable to security threats regardless you having an antivirus. Secondly as some of them have mentioned, Avast is a good solution. Does it's job well with frequent virus definition updates
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-02-2015 08:38 AM
    I used avast . . . .

in my opinion.
    better than other antivirus program.
    02-03-2015 04:37 AM
    Today, i installed Panda Cloud security for my window Xp. With my suggestion Panda is also the best and professional antivirus. Its free version look like professional
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-05-2015 10:04 AM
    Today, i installed Panda Cloud security for my window Xp. With my suggestion Panda is also the best and professional antivirus. Its free version look like professional
    never-say-no-panda1.jpg

Also, GET RID OF XP, why do you still keep it?
    There are security issues no antivirus is going to help you with!
    02-05-2015 02:45 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	never-say-no-to-panda1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	95825

Also, GET RID OF XP, why do you still keep it?
    There are security issues no antivirus is going to help you with!

Yeah, haven't there been at least like, 3-5 vulnerabilities that affect XP that have not been and are never going to be patched? I advise not plugging internet into that PC OP, since you seem intent on ignoring the advice about NOT USING XP given here several times...
    02-05-2015 02:50 PM
    I hate antivirus because it often slow down the PC.
    04-07-2015 10:10 AM
    Yesterday, i installed windows xp in my pc but i want to know what is the best antivirus for xp which keep my system secure?
    The best antivirus for Windows XP is Windows 8.1! But seriously, there's not a good way to keep XP secure. Use a browser other than Internet Explorer, as IE8 is the most recent you can use on XP. As far as I know, Firefox and Chrome still update on XP. Use a 3rd party antivirus solution, as Microsoft Security Essentials is no longer updated on XP.
    04-07-2015 10:26 AM
    I hate antivirus because it often slow down the PC.
    Well, malware is bad for your computer's performance too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-2015 10:37 AM
    The OP asked a valid question. I'm ashamed to read some of the responses such as "get off XP" or similar. We're here to help, not ridicule someone's choice of OS. Maybe the OP has other obligations that prohibit him from purchasing newer equipment, we don't know. Maybe he just likes XP, it doesn't matter. If you can't post something helpful, don't post at all. We can all joke around and keep things light but Job 1 is to help FIRST.
    04-07-2015 01:37 PM
    Surely telling this person to get off xp is helping.If I didn't care about security like this person and I wanted to use XP then I would use MS security essentials.but its pretty bad,but performs good on xp,you would be vulnerable to all sorts though too
    04-07-2015 01:54 PM
    Surely telling this person to get off xp is helping.If I didn't care about security like this person and I wanted to use XP then I would use MS security essentials.but its pretty bad,but performs good on xp,you would be vulnerable to all sorts though too
    Where did the OP state that he doesn't care about security? That's your assumption. It's not up to us to decide what a person should or should not get. The question was what anti-virus would be the best for XP. The answers will be limited to that unless the OP chimes in with another request.

BTW, MS Security Essentials is not available for XP because it's no longer supported. Just thought you should know.
    Tumultus likes this.
    04-07-2015 02:05 PM
    Where did the OP state that he doesn't care about security? That's your assumption. It's not up to us to decide what a person should or should not get. The question was what anti-virus would be the best for XP. The answers will be limited to that unless the OP chimes in with another request.

BTW, MS Security Essentials is not available for XP because it's no longer supported. Just thought you should know.
    The question as to what A/V is best, its safe to imply from that OP is interested in security to some degree.
    Sure, there are potentially valid reasons to sit on XP, but its not unreasonable to think OP isn't aware of the end of support or whatnot.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-2015 02:42 PM
    The question as to what A/V is best, its safe to imply from that OP is interested in security to some degree.
    Sure, there are potentially valid reasons to sit on XP, but its not unreasonable to think OP isn't aware of the end of support or whatnot.
    That would be a follow-up question not a blanket assumption. I don't know that the OP is hellbent on staying with XP or just doesn't know the inherent risks of staying with an unsupported OS. That's the problem I see. Instead of asking for more information to assist properly, some folks took it upon themselves to give unsolicited opinions. We're better than that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-2015 02:53 PM
    That would be a follow-up question not a blanket assumption. I don't know that the OP is hellbent on staying with XP or just doesn't know the inherent risks of staying with an unsupported OS. That's the problem I see. Instead of asking for more information to assist properly, some folks took it upon themselves to give unsolicited opinions. We're better than that.
    It's a blanket assumption that has very little in the way of cost.
    We're here to help people, like the people who ask for an A/V for their phone.
    I'm willing to err on the side of making risks clear, where the best course of action for most people is to upgrade. If they know exactly whats going on and just want opinions, that's fine, they can ignore the rest.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-2015 03:46 PM
    It's a blanket assumption that has very little in the way of cost.
    We're here to help people, like the people who ask for an A/V for their phone.
    I'm willing to err on the side of making risks clear, where the best course of action for most people is to upgrade. If they know exactly whats going on and just want opinions, that's fine, they can ignore the rest.
    I agree 100%. But do you think this is appropriate?

"Yeah, haven't there been at least like, 3-5 vulnerabilities that affect XP that have not been and are never going to be patched? I advise not plugging internet into that PC OP, since you seem intent on ignoring the advice about NOT USING XP given here several times..."
    Harrie-S and xandros9 like this.
    04-07-2015 04:04 PM
    As of February, XP has 19.5% market share (world wide) according to a Windows Central article dated Mar 1. The article says this is an increase from January! This is greater than Windows 8.0 OS, 8.1 OS, and Apple OS (4%) numbers.

Just to put the question into perspective.
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 04-08-2015 at 09:35 AM.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-07-2015 04:36 PM
    Just to put the question into perspective.
    For all those concerned about security and the need to rid the world of XP, most ATMs run XP Embedded. How's that for perspective?
    xandros9, Laura Knotek and tgp like this.
    04-07-2015 09:20 PM
    So, taking into account that XP is still used, lets get back to the now recognized as legitimate question, what are the best all inclusive solutions? Just a quick summary, please.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-07-2015 11:46 PM
    Well I'm partial to Avast, but we have to make sure a given A/V still supports XP.

(Also there are some measures that can be taken - I saw a cool article on this, I don't remember most of the points, but using the sandboxing tool Sandboxie was recommended.)
    04-08-2015 01:07 AM
29 12