Zune Player "skips" at end of some tracks.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have the Zune player "skip" like there's a scratch on the CD at the end of some tracks? It's STUPID annoying when I'm showing someone how awesome my phone is then they crack jokes telling me that my internet memory chip is scratched. Anyone else experiencing this or provide any help? The songs play fine when played through my Zune30 or on my PC.

IB4: "you can't scratch internal memory moran". I know, but it's scary how much the bug mimmicks a scratched CD.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
I never had that happen for me. My focus has skipped when something was happening in the background, like if a download finishes, but not at the end of songs.

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
If they don't add gapless playback/fix the "skip" in the first update, I'm gonna be super pissed. I listen to a ton of music that shouldn't have gaps, it's insanely obnoxious.

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
The skipping at the end has happened to me a few times, hopefully MS is working on it. Speaking of Zune however, I don't think I'm ever using iTunes again. I got a free month of Zune Pass from the ATT special deal and I have to say that SmartDJ + Zune Pass = Win. Now they just need to put the SmartDJ feature on the phones themselves.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I have never experienced a skip at the end of any of my songs, or at least, I've never noticed it. I'm not sure what gapless playback means, but there's like a 1 sec gap between tracks.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The only time it skips on me is at the end of a song and only while streaming musice,
if I have the songs synced to my phone it never skips on me..

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
I traded in my focus for another one (my screen had a tiny scratch, and it was inside of one month. No penalty for a swap out!), and the new focus "skips". How weird.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Any Focus users out there know if the first update fixes this issue? It said the update included hardware vendor specific firmware updates, so I'm curious if the problem goes away.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You know....I think my MP3's work with gapless.......but when you do Zune Pass content it skips........I know, you would think it should work with both...but I think that's how my Zune behaves.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I made another thread, I didn't see this one. But here's what I'm seeing.

At the end of songs that I've DOWNLOADED with my phone using Zune pass, there is always skipping at last ~ 5 seconds of the song. I don't have this problem with songs that I've imported into Zune desktop or Downloaded/Bought with Zune desktop then sync to my phone. Only with the music that I've downloaded directly to phone. If I buy instead of download on my phone, this isn't a problem either.

You know....I think my MP3's work with gapless.......but when you do Zune Pass content it skips........I know, you would think it should work with both...but I think that's how my Zune behaves.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I made another thread, I didn't see this one. But here's what I'm seeing.

At the end of songs that I've DOWNLOADED with my phone using Zune pass, there is always skipping at last ~ 5 seconds of the song. I don't have this problem with songs that I've imported into Zune desktop or Downloaded/Bought with Zune desktop then sync to my phone. Only with the music that I've downloaded directly to phone. If I buy instead of download on my phone, this isn't a problem either.

Right...what I think is happening...any song with DRM on it is skipping basically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett