Zune Pass Music

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to start a thread for people to recommend music for others. I've been downloading non stop since singing up for Zune Pass. I'll like to find more good new music! Please share.

I just downloaded a Ray LaMontagne CD and I love it.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been listening to these two CDs today:
Dead to Me - African Elephant
Forever the Sickest Kids - Forever the Sickest Kids (came out today!)

I've kind of been in the punk mood, so if anyone has some good punk bands, let me know! I really like the Zune Pass, it's good for when I'm in the car and as background music.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been listening to these two CDs today:
Dead to Me - African Elephant
Forever the Sickest Kids - Forever the Sickest Kids (came out today!)

I've kind of been in the punk mood, so if anyone has some good punk bands, let me know! I really like the Zune Pass, it's good for when I'm in the car and as background music.

I don't know if they are considered punk or not...but Motion City Soundtrack has some good stuff.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Joy Division

btw, anyone know how to differentiate between the purchased mp3 vs downloaded subscription songs in Zune? I'm trying to burn the purchased mp3 on a cd but don't remember which is which. They should have a little symbol indicating the different. ;-(

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Joy Division

btw, anyone know how to differentiate between the purchased mp3 vs downloaded subscription songs in Zune? I'm trying to burn the purchased mp3 on a cd but don't remember which is which. They should have a little symbol indicating the different. ;-(

If you right click on the song and select properties, towards the bottom of the list of stuff it will say DRM. If it is one you purchased, it will say "No." If it's from the Zune pass, it will say "Yes, has sync rights but no burn rights."

apc_monk

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Awesome band to check out is Tinariwen. They are a band from Africa so I don't understand a word they are saying but are amazing musicians. Nice every once and a while to hear something totally different from what I usually listen to.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had my friend at a local record store order me a CD (I know...ancient right?) because I wanted so bad.....they usually get it early.

But it's Dance Gavin Dance "Downtown Battle Mountain 2".

Also.....

Love everything from Equal Vision in the past few years.

Bands like...

The Fall of Troy (really rad progressive/instrumental guitarwork..they made Doppleganger when they were 19)
Orbs
Circa Survive
Pierce the Veil
Fear Before (the march of Flames)

Oh...any album by Dance Gavin Dance is good....go for the band, Number 12 Looks like You....super technical jazzy metal....super original.

There's some screaming.....which I'm partial to believe anyone can be accustomed to.....it doesn't make it "screamo"...there's a whole world of interesting music that opens up to you once you start to break down what you like about certain kinds of screaming.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
OH!11111

Portugal. The Man.....really great hard working dude...make really good music...kinda reminiscent of 70's to newer progressive stuff....kinda hard to pin down...kind of a more consistent MGMT but not nearly as "funky."

AND MOST DEFINITELY....Trophy Scars....for a bit of punk energy infused with jazz and classic rock elements and my favorite lyrics ever.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Chiodos' new album is great too.

Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows just came out...and it's good, but I stopped listening to it when I got my hands on downtown battle mountain 2.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Chiodos' new album is great too.

Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows just came out...and it's good, but I stopped listening to it when I got my hands on downtown battle mountain 2.

I don't know what it is, but I haven't been a big fan of Chiodos' newer albums. I loved All's Well that Ends Well, but the other two aren't for me.

You should check out Pierce the Veil, I think it's got the singer from Chiodos in it. Caraphernelia is a pretty good song by them.

Also check out Isles & Glaciers, more Chiodos vocals.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what it is, but I haven't been a big fan of Chiodos' newer albums. I loved All's Well that Ends Well, but the other two aren't for me.

You should check out Pierce the Veil, I think it's got the singer from Chiodos in it. Caraphernelia is a pretty good song by them.

Also check out Isles & Glaciers, more Chiodos vocals.

Oh yeah, I'm all over those goods.

All's Well That End's Well is to me, a modern genre classic...haha.

You like Dance Gavin Dance?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, I'm all over those goods.

All's Well That End's Well is to me, a modern genre classic...haha.

You like Dance Gavin Dance?

I actually hadn't heard of Dance Gavin Dance. I just downloaded their two latest albums
I'm going to check them out today.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually hadn't heard of Dance Gavin Dance. I just downloaded their two latest albums
I'm going to check them out today.

Lemme know how that works out.

Their new album comes out tomorrow...and it's the same vocalist as their first full length this time, and it's great.

I kinda like the Deathstar self titled the most personally though. That and Happiness are the same singer, but Downtown Battle Mountain and DBM2 are the same singer.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Joy Division

if I'm not mistaken, on your pc under your music your paid music will be under their own folder while the non paid for Zune Pass music will be under a folder called Zune Teempory Music ...

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
if I'm not mistaken, on your pc under your music your paid music will be under their own folder while the non paid for Zune Pass music will be under a folder called Zune Teempory Music ...

Ok I figured it out...funny I never noticed it before.

Under "collection" the very top of the left column...next to "show" there is a drop down menu....you can choose all content, DRM free content or Zune Pass content.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo