Zune software questions

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to change the theme in the collection window to something similar to the Quickplay window? I find it too bright when it's white.

Also, are the prices in the Marketplace displayed in your local currency? If I'm logged in with a NZ account, are apps priced in NZ$?

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Nope it's white only boss.king and being in the UK Marketplace prices are in pence and pounds.

Gee i get confused with Microsoft points, never mind if i had to cope with them weird yankee dollar thangs as well. lol

Prices are shown in the local currency for countries that are officially supported by Zune.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope it's white only boss.king and being in the UK Marketplace prices are in pence and pounds.

Gee i get confused with Microsoft points, never mind if i had to cope with them weird yankee dollar thangs as well. lol

Prices are shown in the local currency for countries that are officially supported by Zune.

Thanks! It's a shame about the Zune software, it so pretty but just too bright so I leave it minimized.

Good to know the apps are locally priced though :)

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! It's a shame about the Zune software, it so pretty but just too bright so I leave it minimized.

Good to know the apps are locally priced though :)

I'm not sure I uderstand the problem, although I agree that the Collection and other screens are rather bright. I use the Neuxe background, but that doesn't help much. But, the white screens are the ones that are mostly text, and black text on white background is fairly standard, and I prefer it when I'm doing any maintenance or editing work on the Collection and other pages.

If you're having to "minimize", I presume you're running Zune and playing music in the background. Doesn't your screen saver with the eye candy display? When I launch music from the Collection page, the artists' photographs or my album art start up after about a minute. Isn't your eye candy starting up? Otherwise, why not let your Quickplay page display with your favorite pins while your music plays?

There is a check box on the settings->display screen where you can select that Zune go to a "now playing" screen whenever it is idle. My box is checked, but I've never actually figured out what that check actually does. Hope the above helps.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I uderstand the problem, although I agree that the Collection and other screens are rather bright. I use the Neuxe background, but that doesn't help much. But, the white screens are the ones that are mostly text, and black text on white background is fairly standard, and I prefer it when I'm doing any maintenance or editing work on the Collection and other pages.

If you're having to "minimize", I presume you're running Zune and playing music in the background. Doesn't your screen saver with the eye candy display? When I launch music from the Collection page, the artists' photographs or my album art start up after about a minute. Isn't your eye candy starting up? Otherwise, why not let your Quickplay page display with your favorite pins while your music plays?

There is a check box on the settings->display screen where you can select that Zune go to a "now playing" screen whenever it is idle. My box is checked, but I've never actually figured out what that check actually does. Hope the above helps.

I have 2 monitors, so I have a music player on the one and I work on the other. I don't really like the Now Playing screen, I prefer to just have my playlist up to see (and I don't have artwork for much of my collection). I guess I'm just being picky. I always found that iTunes, while still white, was not as bright. Either way, it's not that big a deal, I can live with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs