Mango Podcast subscriptions -- HELP!

trippcook

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I originally posted this question in the general WP7 forum, but I think it may be more appropriate here:

Okay, guys, I'm a heavy podcast listener, with a ton of podcasts in my desktop Zune software that I used to sync over to my Windows Phone. I was really pumped to get Mango's over-the-air podcast downloading (I was a huge fan of this using DrPodder on my old Palm Pre, and was one of the only things I missed after my switch to WP7). However, to download podcasts over the air, it looks like I have to re-subscribe from my phone. When I do this, the phone starts auto-downloading a ton of podcasts I've already listened to.

Is there a way to make the phone "see" my podcast history in Zune and not download stuff I've already listened to? I want the phone to autodownload new eps, but I don't want to have to manually download and delete every single ep of a show just to get the phone "caught up" to where I already was. Am I missing something easy here?

TimN_FL

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here

I am having the same issue here. All of the coverage thus far for mango indicated that OTA podcast support was there and none have really focused on how it works. I am having the same issue with my 30+ podcast that I was subscribed to from my desktop. I was hoping there would be an interface on the phone that would let me manage my subscriptions separately and would populate the podcast section of the music and video hub. Unless someone knows differently it appears as if each podcast I subscribe to on the phone will always be present even if there are no new episodes to listen to. I am hoping there is a work around that I just haven't seen yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)