New cheaper Zune passing coming ...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Via Facebook......

We’re launching a new Zune Music Pass on October 3rd in the US and Canada. Now you can access over 14 million songs on your Xbox, PC, Windows Phone, and Zune HD. Zune Music Pass also includes unlimited music video streaming on your PC and, coming soon, Xbox. Only $9.99 a month!

Zune Music Marketplace Expands to Canada + New Changes to Zune Music Pass in the US | Zune Insider
zuneinsider.com
We are excited to announce that Zune Music Marketplace and Zune Music Pass will roll out in Canada on October 3rd, providing access to a growing music catalog of more than 14 million tracks from all the major labels, as well as tens of thousands of indie labels. Zune Music Pass will also be availabl...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Now up on WPC.

http://www.windowscentral.com/changes-zune-pass-u-s-subscribers-october-3rd

What I posted in the comments section:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I will never get rid of my $15 a month subscription plan!

In actuality this is only about a 5-7 dollar difference. The cost of individual songs range from 79 points to about 99 points (80 points = $1). For simplicity lets say you buy five songs at 79 points each. That's roughly $5 dollars. Add that to the upcoming price of 9.99 and you get 14.99 (the current price). What you're missing out on is that additional $5 dollars worth of songs. Not a huge difference but it feels massive.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The news post says they are going "strictly streaming"? Does thsi mean we can now longer download the music with the Zune Pass (WITH THE DRM)?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! Been emailing them requesting this since I've had Zune HD! I honestly don't care about owning songs.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The news post says they are going "strictly streaming"? Does thsi mean we can now longer download the music with the Zune Pass (WITH THE DRM)?

If you're a new customer you can still buy the songs with no DRM, stream the songs, or download the songs with DRM.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site

The article I read said you will still be able to download music to 4 devices, which is down from the previous 6-device limit but does not include streaming-only devices like the Xbox360. So, for example, you can download music to your main computer, one other computer, a ZuneHD, and a Windows Phone and still stream music to Xbox 360, other computers, etc. That's how I understand it.

I'm keeping the $15 Zune Pass, because I like to buy an album a month for my USB drive in my car, which doesn't support A2DP.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The article I read said you will still be able to download music to 4 devices, which is down from the previous 6-device limit but does not include streaming-only devices like the Xbox360. So, for example, you can download music to your main computer, one other computer, a ZuneHD, and a Windows Phone and still stream music to Xbox 360, other computers, etc. That's how I understand it.

I'm keeping the $15 Zune Pass, because I like to buy an album a month for my USB drive in my car, which doesn't support A2DP.

The way I see it is, if you have the $15 download 10 songs plan you can keep getting that plan as long as you want (or until the kill it off entirely) or pay the reduced rate with no free DRM free songs per month.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm also keeping my $150 annual plan and as long as I stay subscribed I can also keep my 6-device rights (I use 5 and will probably be going down to 4). BTW, the 6 devices has meant 3 computers and a combination of 3 Zune players and/or WP phones; the x-Box has always required a separate subscription, and I don't believe that's changed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital