Zune Live Tile

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just got my first Windows phone the other day (Samsung Focus Flash) and I love it so far. But on the live tile for the music and videos hub it always shows the same picture of Alex de Grassi. It's a black and white photo that I find kind of creepy and want to get rid of it, even if it is just to the Zune logo. This picture also shows on the background of the music hub.
I'm really confused because I don't have any Alex de Grassi music on my phone, nor have I ever had any of his music anywhere. He isn't even featured or anything in the marketplace.
The only way I've been able to get rid of it is by playing Party Rock Anthem, and as soon as I pause it, the picture is back.
All of my music was purchased on the iTunes store and has correct metadata.
Thanks in advance,
Ryan Pratt

PS: The only reason I know it's alex de grassi is because the biography section for deadmau5 talks about him instead. :confused:

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Update:
Drift by Adam K & Funkagenda also work to not show the creepy Alex de Grassi picture.
I think I might have found where the problem comes from, but not how to solve it. In the Zune software on my PC i right clicked on deadmau5 and went to the more about this artist section. it went to Alex de Grassi, and I noticed that they both have a song called Clockwork.
Still don't know how to make Zune realize that Deadmau5 is not Alex de Grassi.

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to find a way to update the artist info. I had the same problem with the wrong artist pics showing up so I did the following - Go to settings in Zune software, head to Metadata and ratings, and enable Auto retrieve and update album art and metadata.

Pick one of the two options for add info. Most of the time this works and it takes a well to go through a bigger library but it should fix most artist pics.

Sidenote: I find it hilarious you found the Alex de Grassi creepy. Especially how the Zune tile displays pics

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but the problem is that Zune thinks Deadmau5 is Alex de Grassi (because each have a song called Clockwork), so it updates metadata with the wrong info.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
All the metadata is correct in my collection (track title, album title, artist name, album art). It's hard to explain because I don't understand exactly how the software works, but it is linking Deadmau5 in my collection to Alex de Grassi in the marketplace.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
OK, so deleting the song Clockwork from my collection, renaming it, and adding back under a different name seems to work. such a simple solution... :blush:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo