Phone to phone: Song Transfer

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Can it be done?

My 500+ songs on my Focus must go to my Lumia. It was a pain to get my apps set up as I knew that would be manu-all. Did MS drop the ball on this too? It seems Zune will not even recognize that both phones are plugged in at the same time. ugh!

Any help?

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't think it can be done, and if not, it's because Microsoft are muppets. Unless you have DRM attached to the songs that prevent it anyway.

I tried to transfer non-DRM music files via bluetooth from my WinMo TP2 to my 710, which is usually fine with everything apart from Blackberry's, and it said it wasn't supported by the device, similar to what happens on Blackberry's. Admittedly, I've not tried to transfer from WinMo to iOS.

You have to transfer to your PC, then to the 710... but if they are DRM protected, you may not be able to, dependent upon the license. Ah, the beauty of paying for music you see, and they wonder why the Piratebay is still going strong!!

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
DRM is not an issue, sorry to mention, I have a Zune Pass...It looks like it can't be done...it should be effortless andt hen maybe I would upgrade on the dot when I am allowed to, but this was like getting a new PC, settings and passwords and removal of crap, ugh. Well this might be a longer term phone for me at this rate.

Any work around ideas out there? I can't drag and drop with Zune onto my desktop and I have always complained about that...

EDIT: MISSPELLS GALORE, I can't fathom why Bing Bar does not have spell check.

Last edited:

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So to be clear, there's no way to sync my old phone for the last time, then plug in my new phone and have it pull in all the same music/playlists? What if I name the device the same?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So to be clear, there's no way to sync my old phone for the last time, then plug in my new phone and have it pull in all the same music/playlists? What if I name the device the same?

AFAIK you have to drag and drop your media in Zune. Sync your old phone, plug I your new one, and drag and drop your playlists etc. Bingo-bango.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss